TiR1 tracks like i'm on crack! help!

yarbles

TiR1 tracks like i'm on crack! help!

Post by yarbles »

Hello all,

I recently installed the latest software and for the life of me, I can't get my speed tweaked to an acceptable level. It's way too fast. The TiR pans as smooth as a baby's butt (new software seems to have improved that for me)but it's way too quick. I got into the Motion Tab and everything is on zero. I assumed speed set to zero would mean the lowest possible panning speed yet it doesn't seem slow at all. Is there another variable I should be looking at to slow up the speed at which my head pans while in the cockpit? I can play this way but it's way too twitchy. Please help me slow this mamma down. I feel like I've used crack instead of sugar in my coffee. Thanks for any tips. yarbles

ps: Though I've experimented with a lot of different settings and saved them to a profile, they tweaks never appear on the motion tab graph (ie speed and edit points). Is there a bug with this? Are my settings really saved but no being shown when I pull the profile up to edit them? Thanks.
yarbles

Re: TiR1 tracks like i'm on crack! help!

Post by yarbles »

Found my answer. I talked to a buddy and gave me the 'edit points' tutorial over Teamspeak. I didn't understand that I was actually only editing the first point, not all 8 of them. He then explained to me that each point I edit (ie speed / edit point) got translated to the curve I see in the motion tab. I then realized what I had not known in the year since I purchased this thing. I assigned each edit point it's onwn speed and now have an unbelievable setup. The speed and dead zones are perfect. I can easily pan without the crack head movement or twitch. It's very sweet. I wish the manual was clearer on this point but thankfully, I know a few folks that have it and were willing to spoon feed me the intel. In case anybody has an over sensitive setup or is very fast and twicthy, here's mine:

0/0, 0/2, 1/5, 4/10, 6/20, 13/30, 17/40, 20/50
smoothing set to 115

It's a beautiful thing.
JD114T9

Post by JD114T9 »

quote:Originally posted by yarbles:
Found my answer. I talked to a buddy and gave me the 'edit points' tutorial over Teamspeak. In case anybody has an over sensitive setup or is very fast and twicthy, here's mine:

0/0, 0/2, 1/5, 4/10, 6/20, 13/30, 17/40, 20/50
smoothing set to 115

It's a beautiful thing.It all looks interesting yarbles but I find myself in the same boat that you were in before your friends explained everything to you.
I have one of the new TRI3 Pros and I am still trying to make sence of the edit points. Maybe you can help me. I wish like yourself that the manual explained things a bit better. If you could write a quick tutorial I would ( and probably many others) be very grateful. I have looked around but haven't been able to find anything on this subject.
Maybe you could just write down what sequence the points are made ( edited ) Thanks for any help on this subject.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Guys,

I can see that a number of you are having some difficulty understanding how to use the edit points.

I will put together a simplified "How to use the edit points" and post it here in the forum.

If nothing else it will make my job easier in support.