updating drivers

jacob12342

updating drivers

Post by jacob12342 »

I have TIR3+Vector installed. I am trying to get GTR2 Demo to use TIR. Not sure which driver version I am running. Do I continue to update through version 4 drivers or are they just for TIR4?
VincentG

Re: updating drivers

Post by VincentG »

The TrackIR software 4.x.xx, is compatible with both the TrackIR 3 and TrackIR 4 hardware.
Easty

Post by Easty »

When installing the software de-select the usb driver if it's already working. I've used trackir 3 for years without a problem, i installed V4 drivers 3 days ago and not been able to get it working since. ;(
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Have you tried the device on another system?

Are you plugging in directly to the system, or are you using a hub?

Have you tried isolating the device on the USB ports?

Have you tried turn off any kind of power save feature for your USB ports?

In the "Device Manager" you can right click the "USB Hub"(s) that show and turn off the power saving feature that turn those ports off when idle. Sometimes that has an impact on the connectivity of the devices.

Could you attach a screen shot of your device manager, and tracking screen?

To make Print Screen work, you must save an image of what's displayed on-screen to the clipboard and then paste it into a document where it can be printed.

Windows Help: Print Screen

To do this, follow this procedure:

1. Maximize the window you'd like to capture.
2. To copy/capture the current window, hold down ALT + Print Scrn at the same time. To capture the entire screen, just press Print Scrn alone.
3. Open a new document in MS Paint, MS Word, MS Photo Editor, or Adobe PhotoShop.
4. Paste the screen shot by holding down CTRL and V at the same time.
5. Save the document as a .JPG or .JPEG file and send it in.