Strange movement but good tracking.

boris_159

Strange movement but good tracking.

Post by boris_159 »

I've had my trackir 3Pro for over a year now and have been extremely satisfied with it. I upgraded to vector expansion and loved the extra freedom with the games it supported

I think my unit may be starting to fail though. I've read through nearly every similar post but found nothing that could solve my problem which is this...

No matter how still I hold my head the in game head seems to be erraticly moving around in random directions. I play IL2 1946 and When I turn the trackir off the mouse look works perfectly fine. The movement is not extreme, (the red line on the guages moves back and forth just a little bit at a time while the yellow line stays in place.)

My tracking window shows no extra sources of light or any weird colors, just the three green rectangles from my vector cap. I have the window behind me blocked off with a blanked and no light is getting into my computer room.

I've tried cleaning off the vector reflectors, windexing the trackIR, mounting it on the moniter, and on the wall a bit farther away. Plugging in different USB slots, uninstalling/reinstalling, different drivers, and all combinations of these. I've also turned the power save mode off on the usb hubs. Still it is doing the same thing.

[img=http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5729 ... tp4.th.png]

any help would be greatly appreciated!

(serial #36409)
ReDi72

Re: Strange movement but good tracking.

Post by ReDi72 »

Does it still move erratically when you do not wear the cap, i.e. when the unit does not get any input?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Have you tried increasing the deadzone for the different Axes?

In the following folder location, C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint\TrackIR4\Profiles, what is the file size for each profile?
boris_159

Post by boris_159 »

The files are all 2kb.

As for the deadzone, I see no option to enable it (unless you mean physically making one in the profile), but I just did another experiment... I set my hat on the back of my computer chair and it was completely still and the red line was still jittering back and forth.

As far as the setting in my screen shot, I have also tried it with the sample and default profiles and the same results.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

In the profiles, there is an option for each axis (usually set to custom). If you look at the drop down menu next to it, there should be an option for dead-zone as well.

Can you try it on another system?
boris_159

Post by boris_159 »

I have tried the deadzone profile and it still does it. I have also tried installing my trackIR on a friends computer and the problem persists.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It is possible that the imager chip is starting to fail.....
boris_159

Post by boris_159 »

Ok, what can I do to get a new one or a new unit... what kind of warranty does the 3pro have?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

All of the NaturalPoint hardware have a 1 year warranty.......

The chip itself is not replacable.
boris_159

Post by boris_159 »

Ok thank you