Keymapping fix progress?

snake122

Keymapping fix progress?

Post by snake122 »

Halstead or Jim,
How's the fix for those of us that have problems with keymapping coming along? You guys should be proud of me that I went this long in the forums without bugging you about it LOL
Hotdognz

Re: Keymapping fix progress?

Post by Hotdognz »

I too would love to know as it doesnt work for me at all in any games under XP (haveny tried Win98SE) with the latest 1.22 drivers, I can set keympping up fine in the Naturalpoint softwear and i can also watch it generate the keys i have assigned if i open a Notepad session using my head movments, but when i enter a game it just doesnt work. I tried it in Warbirds 3 & Aces High using the Keypad keys for views and I tried EA F1 2002 using the Z, X key to look L & R. The games recognise the keys as I can use them from the keyboard. If I can help in anyway let me know
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

Guys-

At this point we have a pretty good line on the problem; we're just trying to figure out the whens and wheres for a fix. To do this right requires a pretty thorough re-imagining of out keymapping system, and we're deciding when the best time to dedicate our precious engineering resources to the problem. Rest assured we discuss the problem often, and we're dedicated to offering the best possible solution as soon as we can.

[ October 23, 2002, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Halstead York ]
BPO6_GoldenWing

Post by BPO6_GoldenWing »

Hal,
Right now I'm using an earlier version of the s/w with my TrackIR with XP PRO. Nodak01 has programmed the keys for my COUGAR HOTAS (Thanks a bunch Nodak!) and it works 4.0 with view centering/pause set up on my stick.

It sounds like I should NOT upgrade to 1.22 until the bugs are worked out for xp. Is that a correct assumption?

Thanks & Cheers!

Gold
Jim

Post by Jim »

Gold:

No, you should upgrade to 1.22, there is nothing that changed in the keymapping section, just fixed some profile bugs.

What you are describing is more in the key-injection / key-trapping section of our software, which is very stable.
snake122

Post by snake122 »

Hotdog:
Is it XP Home or Pro? The only sim I have where keymapping works in X-Plane 5.66 (don't have 6.+ yet). I also noticed that Speech Buddy on my system works in only X-Plane and seems to send keys the same as GX does. Speech Buddy supposely works fine on all Win2000 based system but i don't know because I haven't tested it yet. I only run Win98 because it is the most compatible with my hardware and old games, definitely not for its stablity!

Gold:
If your looking for keymapping don't be surprised if it doesn't work. The keymaps do save fine to the profiles though now. If you do download it and keymapping work please post your system specs!!!

Jim:
Could you explain what you mean alittle more by the injection capture part because I thought that was the whole reason it wasn't working.

Hal:
Hehe, I'm also for the quick and dirty fix right now and the complete rework at a later date But that's just because I REALLY want to play with my Track IR in Falcon. I guess in the long run the complete re-work is ok even though it takes longer. Please keep us posted!
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

WinXP Pro, I also tried it in my Win98SE install (duel boot system) and I didnt work at all in that OS, with 1.22 the keymapping profile saves ok now though.

Jim as to a time frame for the fix I undestand you are busy and im not too worried about, ill use the feature when its fixed in the future.
BPO6_GoldenWing

Post by BPO6_GoldenWing »

Thanks, Jim. Sorry I was slow getting back.

My XP Pro crashed! (I believe it was an 'Outlook' virus, but not sure!)

I'm going to re-install with 1.22.

~S! Gold