Headtrauma

Re: Status: No Data, Tracking View is blank

Post by Headtrauma »

Going to make a plan to swop test mine with TooTall's

What I find strange though is that the tracking screen comes up as a white blank block with the settings button in the bottom right hand corner. Normally this is black, even if it isn't tracking?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Actually, if it isn't tracking anything, and hasn't at all, it will just be blank.
bluemax137

Post by bluemax137 »

I have exactly the same problem... My trackir (3 pro) never had trouble on this pc then, all in a sudden I got this one. I reinstalled the software 3 times. Plugged and unplugged it in different usb ports: nothing. I wonder if there is a solution???
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Are you using the TrackClip, or the TrackClip Pro?

Are the red IR LEDS turning on?

What OS are you using?

What version of the TrackIR software?
bluemax137

Post by bluemax137 »

I am using a selfmade tracklip that has always worked fine. That's not the problem.

Yes the IR leds are on

XP Home

Softwar: 4.1.037 the last one

I turn it on, the leds and green light are on. In a few seconds the green light goes off and the track window is totally blank (not black, blank like gray).
After having reinstalled the softare at least 4 times, plugged and unplugged it, changed usb port it restarted working... But I know it's a temporary situation cause it has already happened in the past. I would say it works "random"... I thought it was a sort of hardware failure but I actually I am not sure of it cause a hardware failure should be permanent and not temporary.
Any help?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It could either be a power issue, with the USB port, and moving ports caused the device to be redetected, or the hardware is starting to fail.
TheSnowman

Post by TheSnowman »

I also have this problem. Everything was fine a few days a go when I last used it. Today I launch trackir and the red lights come on, the green flickers, then goes out. The red lights remain on and the program is reporting a device with vector expansion. The status is no data. I am using the TrackClip with XP pro SP2 and 4.1.037.

A few times when the program starts, the tracking window goes black showing one or two horizontal green lines and remains that way. Most of the time it remains gray on startup.

I have tried different ports and reinstalling the software with no joy.

Please help!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Can you try the device on another system?
TheSnowman

Post by TheSnowman »

Thanks for the reply Vincent.
I have not had a chance to try it on another computer, but I will try it as soon as possible and let you know. ('tis the season to be busy...)
Keith
TheSnowman

Post by TheSnowman »

A quick update...
I did manage to try this on another system and it worked. I am not sure what changed on the original system as the ports are working fine with a number of other devices. Perhaps marginal power?
Is it possible the trackir is nearing an end? Aside from caps, I am not aware of any parts that would fade away. The only exception I can think of is the ccd (?) as I know some do die off in time/fail with digital cameras...
Thanks
keith