TrackIR GX does not work?!

Tjeerdy

TrackIR GX does not work?!

Post by Tjeerdy »

I have a problem with my TrackIR GX device. I can�t get it to work. The mouse only responds to my normal mouse. I have tried everything;
-re-installing the drivers (with correct attaching and detaching of the hardware)
-Uninstalling the drivers via regedit (all of the references), and then re-installing them.
-Tried every driver version I could find on the web
-Tried every possible reflector distance and angle
-Varied every setting of the software
-Installed a normal mouse instead of an usb mouse
-Also tried that weird thing of unloading the software, wait 30s unplug and replug the hardware, waiting another 30s and reloading the software�
-There is no �unknown device� or �?� in the usb devices

The four red leds are working, but the green one only blinks shortly at software startup. Interesting is that the data window of the advanced settings dialog is completely empty. Also the colour of the data window is the same as that from the dialog background (purple). Isn�t this colour supposed to be black??

What is going on? Is the device broke? My system is:
AMD 1600+
512 mb DDR
GeForce3
WindowsXP installed

Please help me,

Thanks
Georgio

Re: TrackIR GX does not work?!

Post by Georgio »

Don't panic!
First off try plugging the unit directly into your computer WITHOUT using the extension cable. Start the software and wave a dots infront of it. Does it work now?
If so then your extension cable is 'shagged' (technical term) and you need to get another.
Bet this is your problem, as another gent on this board had the same problem only last week and he isolated it as the extension cable.
Try it then report back.
Tjeerdy

Post by Tjeerdy »

OK, I have the device working now. I am not sure what the problem was. It could also be the fact that I had three mouse devices attached (mouse, wacom pen tablet, TrackIR). Whatever the cause, it is working now. But this time I have another weird problem. I cannot select the MSFS2002 mode. I saw this problem before in the forum, and so I ended up in deleting the entire Naturalpoint key in the registry. This works, but I have to do that every time I restart my computer, and then of course all my settings are gone. Reinstalling the software only is a temporary solution on this one. Any idea?

Thanks
Georgio

Post by Georgio »

Tjeerdy,
Ok I'm running 1.22 GX drivers on XP home which work fine with Track, which ones have you installed?
Also have you D/L the lastest service pack from M$ as this sorts some issues with USB devices.
Remember you have to start the Naturalpoint program and select 'fs2002 keymapping' before starting the fs2002 sim. Pressing F8 then toggles it on/off.
Have you tried the manual insertion of the .DLL into the fs2002 directory just in case the install program didn't do this properly?
Just a few pointers, stick with it as fs2002 was made for the track device
Tjeerdy

Post by Tjeerdy »

Georgio,
I also have the 1.22 GX drivers. I have not yet installed the XP SP1 I�ll try that. The dll is in the right place, and I also fiddled with the order of startup and the F8 key. It works, but the thing is that I can�t select the MSFS2002 mode if I restart my computer. Then I have to fiddle with the registry in order to make it work. Anyway, I�ll try the service pack from M$. Thanks for the advice.

Tjeerdy
Jim

Post by Jim »

Tjeerdy:

Did you get this fixed? Can you tell me exactly what happens when you try to select FS2002 mode? Will it not select the button? Sounds like it isn't saving your registry settings correctly. Could be that you don't have Administrator privliages on your machine, or that it was installed under a different user name.