TrackIR 3pro problems moving left

Semipro

TrackIR 3pro problems moving left

Post by Semipro »

I am having a problem with my TrackIR 3 pro with vector expansion activated, when I look to the left I get a "no data" in the status window. I have no trouble looking to the right but going left is a real problem. I am using the ball cap with the track clip. I have this problem with the lights on or off in my computer room. I also get this problem with any profile I use custom or default.
VincentG

Re: TrackIR 3pro problems moving left

Post by VincentG »

When looking at the Tracking screen, View -> Tracking, what do you see here?

What OS are you using?

What version of the TrackIR software?
Semipro

Post by Semipro »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]When looking at the Tracking screen, View -> Tracking, what do you see here?

What OS are you using?

What version of the TrackIR software? [/quote]

Sorry been away.

When I turn to the left the tracking head in the preview window will freeze and then sometimes continue turning left, it�s like its sticking this problem comes from about the 10 o�clock to the 8 o�clock if looking straight ahead is 12 o�clock. All is good to the right very smooth no hanging.

Windows XP pro

TrackIR Version 4.1 Build 35

All 4 red light are on in the tracker head and I us a TrackIR hat and clip.

I have problem on 2 different computers both running XP on is home and the other is pro.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

When looking at the tracking screen, what do you see?

The Track hat that you are using, does it have the built in reflector?
Crewecut

Post by Crewecut »

You mention 4 tracking dots, the clip only has 3 reflectors. The hat may have markings/stitchings that reflect and disturb the sensor. I had to cover up the front of my cap with a piece of cloth (NOT a well fitting piece of cloth coming from a pair of CLEAN underwear having been sacrificed for a higher purpose ;-) )
Semipro

Post by Semipro »

I am using a Natural Point Hat with a vector clip.

I have had my TrackIR for 4 years now and I have only had this problem for the past 6 months. In this time frame I have had 3 computer upgrades (motherboards 3, CPU 2, Vid cards 2 ATI and nVidia, SATA WD hard drive 1. I just completed the last upgrade this week and I still have the same problem.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Please try using a different hat, or cover the built in reflector, with a piece of tape.
Semipro

Post by Semipro »

Tried that no change still the same problem from what I can figure the 2 left side red lights in the TrackIR are dimmer that the 2 right lights, I think the sensor is getting weak