Track IR 3 Pro with vector Expansion Pack

workky

Track IR 3 Pro with vector Expansion Pack

Post by workky »

I have a small problem with the vector expansion.I can get 2 degrees ,working just fine.(i fly Il-2-i just use a dot for that.The problem i have with the vector is ,i can never look to both sides,right or left without having to bob my body over to one side to get it to look all the way behind me.Ive messed witht he profile quite a bit today,trying to figure it out.The only way i can get it to work is to make the profile so aggressive that its just way to fast.Im not sure if this makes sense to you guys.I can look one way or the other all the way around,but when i go to look to the other side it will not go all the way behind me ,it stops at say 60 degrees.
I am running vista ultmate 64 bit,with 4.1.034 software,i have used the newest software for about 1 month now,i just changed the software today trying to see if this was the problem.Thank You
VincentG

Re: Track IR 3 Pro with vector Expansion Pack

Post by VincentG »

How far away from the camera are you located?

The metal clip is attached to the brim of a hat?

The Dot that you are using, where is it placed?

The reflector is centered in the Tracking screen?
workky

Post by workky »

I think im probably about 20 to 24 inches away,i have moved futher away,however this didnt seem to make things any better.Im using the metal vector clip and it is clipped on the brim of the hat.The dot that i am using to make it work is clipped right on the end of the brim in the middle of the hat.I took one of those legal bundle clips and put it on the end of the hat and put a stickky dot on it.The reflector is centered on the tracking screen.Of course when you go into game and keep recentering the tracker,im sure it goes out of the middle of the screen.I can get the vector to work,it just gives me a very small window to work with ,im not sure if this make sense or not.Thanks
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

As for it stopping when looking to one side, it sounds like one of the objects, on the tracking screen is being lost.

You can try just increasing the outer edges of the curve, so it is slower to respond in the main cockpit, but you can get full rotation when you need to.
workky

Post by workky »

Yea,im trying to increase the curve.Thanks for all your help.I have not used the vector in quite some time.Just thought i would try and make it work with
FSX,i mainly fly IL-2.I have really enjoyed the software ,i have several profiles built that really suit my needs in IL-2,just having a time with the vector.Do you know what would happen if i moved the 2 outer dots closer together on the vector.Im not going to butcher the poor device,just going to cover up the existing ones and put some dots on some clips and move them just a tad closer together.Just to test
workky

Post by workky »

I just moved them in closer,the 2 dots on the bill of the hat are about 2 inches apart,for my application it works perfect.I take it the track IR4 has a wider field of view?I think that might have helped in my case.Thanks for all your help Vincent.You guys do a great job,Thanks
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Yes the TrackIR 4 does have a larger field of view, which helps out with the tracking range.

Moving them closer will act like you have moved farther from the camera.