TrackIR 3 PRO loads erratically after new install

RacerAlex

TrackIR 3 PRO loads erratically after new install

Post by RacerAlex »

I recently replaced my computer. Ever since, my TrackIR 3 has a few new strange habits:

Whenever I start the computer, the TrackIR doesn't work correctly. It simply won't respond until I unplug the USB connector and replug it.

Before repluging the connection, it behaves in one of two ways:
A: It simply will not work at all.
B: The green LED stays lit (regardless of whether a profile is activated or a tracking source (3M dot) is present. When I open the profiler to edit a profile (just to see what its tracking), the "Heads" are very erratic and it will not respond to Hotkey commands like "pause" or "center". When it's doing this, I can not see anything triggering on the "Tracking" screen - its simply black.

Once I replug the USB connection, the TrackIR will work fine until I shut down the computer.

My system:
Intel Core2Duo E6850
Asus Formula Rampage II
Windows XP Professional

I'm using the USB ports on the rear of the computer and I've disabled any power-saving features of these ports.

For whats it worth, the unit performed flawlessly on my last computer, which also ran Windows XP Professional.

Also, I've noticed lots of references to the size of the profile files. I've looked at mine and they're all 4kb - which appear to be 2kb too large. But I could never find any reference to what to do about this in the forums.

Thanks in advance!
VincentG

Re: TrackIR 3 PRO loads erratically after new install

Post by VincentG »

4 KB in size is fine.

I would go with a clean install of the software -

Remove the TrackIR software by doing the following:
a. Click "Start"
b. Click on the "Control Panel"
c. Click "Add/Remove Programs"
d. Find "TrackIR" and click "Change/Remove"
e. Once launched it will give the option to completely remove it.
f. Delete the NaturalPoint folder at the following location, C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint
g. Download and reinstall the software from the following location,
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06- ... nuals.html

Desktop/laptop system?