DCS blackshark & TIR2

AliFish

DCS blackshark & TIR2

Post by AliFish »

hello , recently purchased black shark. iam an owner of trackIR 2 currentjy trying software version 3.13.

Iam unable to get absolute mode to work in black shark. leaving my mouse free to control switches in cockpit. mouse emulation mode (relative)Does work without fault.

in an effort to make absolute mode function properly i browsed various forums and aquired a DLL that allowed absolute mode to work in black shark with the latest v4 based software, however this was not an official dll and causes keyboard problems on my system.

so through this i know my track IR2 can function correctly.

Is there an official way to make my product work as intended. If someone could enlighten me as to what software i should be using, or provide me with some solution to my issue. Thanks.
AliFish

Re: DCS blackshark & TIR2

Post by AliFish »

so can anyone help ?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi AliFish,

The TrackIR interface has been optimized in the past months for better integration in the newest games in development. This new integration is localized to version 4.1.036 of the TrackIR software, which TrackIR 2 is unable to run on. The second generation of TrackIR uses much older and quite different technology than 4, so supporting both in the new interface proved unfeasible.

The dll which you've tried is a hack that allows users to shoehorn the old interface into Black Shark. We don't encourage use of or offer support for this dll.

As you noted, you can continue to run TrackIR 2 in mouse emulation mode in Black Shark. In order use TrackIR in many of the upcoming new titles, you will need to have a version that runs the newest software (TIR 3 or 4).

Feel free to email me directly with any further questions.

seth @ naturalpoint.com
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
AliFish

Post by AliFish »

thank you very much for the information. the information was what i feared :/ .I will be purchasing a TIR4PRO shortly.
Last edited by AliFish on Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:13 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: comment being not conducive to business requirments.