Enable TIR 2 with Win 7 RC

Niourk

Enable TIR 2 with Win 7 RC

Post by Niourk »

Hi everyone

i own a old TIR 2 , and unfortunately, i can't get it to work with Win 7. When i plug it (so that windows can recognize it) , nothing happens, just a message to say that this device could not be installed.

Did i miss something?

Thxs
VincentG

Re: Enable TIR 2 with Win 7 RC

Post by VincentG »

The 3.13 version of the TrackIR software doesn't have digitally signed drivers for use within Vista/Windows 7.
Niourk

Post by Niourk »

And i imagine there's no way i can get it recognized by installing Trackir 3 /4 software...

Ok thxs anyway
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Unfortunately the TrackIR 4.1 software does not have support for the TrackIR 1/2.
nuladen

Post by nuladen »

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post35294

Appears to work with a few minor issues.
Nils

Post by Nils »

I tried this today and can confirm it works well with Win7 too.
Spatula

Post by Spatula »

You got this to work on Windows 7 x64? I tried getting trackir3 software running and it says it cant connect to the drivers.
It says "The software cannot connect with the trackir device! The program will start but there will be no mouse control"
Nils

Post by Nils »

I had those problems before, I read the info better and installed the TIR drivers in a new separate folder OUTSIDE program files. I just created a new folder called "Naturalpoint" and installed first the older drivers there, and the installed the rest of the software to the same folder, before I connected the TIR unit. I works well now, just notice you'll get an error message when closing the software.
Spatula

Post by Spatula »

I tried it both ways, installed the TrackIR_4.1.030.Final.B USB drivers only to c:\naturalpoint
Then installed the older trackir 3 software to same dir
The drivers install fine but the trackir 3 software cannot connect to the device
Skaweee

Post by Skaweee »

[quote=Spatula]I tried it both ways, installed the TrackIR_4.1.030.Final.B USB drivers only to c:\naturalpoint
Then installed the older trackir 3 software to same dir
The drivers install fine but the trackir 3 software cannot connect to the device
[/quote]

Same here, I tried installing exactly as you, and came up empty handed as well. We must be missing something here. Seems fairly straight foreword and simple, but we must be doing something wrong.

Could someone who has had success please provide insanely detailed instructions (step by step) to include the order of installation (and where to install) and exactly what boxes (word for word) to check in the installation programs? We seemingly computer illiterate folks would be forever in your debt!