Where are TrackIR settings stored?

JG5_UnKle

Where are TrackIR settings stored?

Post by JG5_UnKle »

Basically like the subject says.

I have a multi-boot setup (win98SE/Win2K/WinXP) and I want the settings to be the same for all 3 O/S.

I can't seem to find where these settings are stored? I mean thing like speed settings or hotkeys etc.

Any help would be much appreciated

P.S: Great to see the flight sim boards esp. IL-2
Jim

Re: Where are TrackIR settings stored?

Post by Jim »

Hello:

The profiles are stored in a raw text file located in the NaturalPoint directory. They are whatever name you have assigned and end in .ECT.
JG5_UnKle

Post by JG5_UnKle »

Sorry this doesn't work for me.

the only file I have found is called "profile1.ect" - I am using V1.30 of the software.

If I copy the "profile1.ect" file and overwrite the other "profile1.ect" files in my other O/S installs (2K/XP etc) it makes no difference. Each O/S has its own settings still.

I have found 3 files with *.ect extensions one for each O/S located in "Program Files\Eye Control Technologies\NaturalPoint"

They are all the same size (165 bytes) and all have the same Modified date (11/12/2001) so I can't see how these are the files that contain the settings as they (the files) are all the same and my settings are all different.

Am I missing something?
JG5_UnKle

Post by JG5_UnKle »

Doh! I was missing something.....

I have just 'discovered' the Profile on the actual configuration screen (Doh!) and all is well...

Sorry for being so slow - thanks for the reply - cheers!