Track IR 4 is not recognised

farkasz

Track IR 4 is not recognised

Post by farkasz »

Hello,

I was using Track IR4 with IL 2 for more than a year without any problem. Now I tried Test Drive Unlimited about 4 times. All the time the system has crashed (PC , win XP) after an hour of playing and using Track IR4. Now the Track IR4 device is not recognised at all none of the USB slots. The USB slots are working well for other devices. I tried the Track Ir on another computer and the device is not recognosed via USB either. Is the device dead? Is it possibe that the several crash coused by the test Drive Unlimited coused this? Is it a common problem, I hope not because I haven't found any similar topics yet.What do you suggest , shall I buy a new one or how can it be fixed?
VincentG

Re: Track IR 4 is not recognised

Post by VincentG »

answered via email
walter_melon

Post by walter_melon »

I have had this same exact problem with IR4.
I accidently installed the IRv5 software with the tracker plugged in and it recognized the IR4 but would not track any movements. so i unplugged, uninstalled, rebooted. reinstalled. rebooted. and then plugged in the IR4 and my computer randomly crashed. I tried several times. It either doesnt detected that it is installed, or crashes my pc. Now there are no lights on my IR4.
Thank you for the help in advanced. (also tried with v4 software).
running vista 64

-wM
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Try this with TrackIR 5 software:

Unplug your camera, and uninstall the TrackIR software. Delete c:\program files (x86)\naturalpoint
Download a new copy of the latest version of the TrackIR software, and save it to your desktop (note: do not run from the downloader).
Right click on the installer, and select "Run as administrator" (even if your account is an administrator) Finish the installation as normal, plug in your camera, and verify that drivers are properly installed via the device manager.
Run the software, and see if it works properly.
walter_melon

Post by walter_melon »

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

this did not work. when it is plugged in, there is a solid red led on top. no green or blue, and it doesnt seem to show up under usb devices even as an "unknown" on device manager.

-wM
NaturalPoint - Mike

I would try running it on another computer to make sure it's not a software compatibility issue or corruption of some files on your system causing the issue. If it works on another computer, there is likely an issue within windows causing abnormal operation. If it does not, it is likely the camera itself that has failed.
walter_melon

Post by walter_melon »

i tried it on 3 different pc's and it wasnt recognized on any of them. just a solid red light on the device too. i cant think of what would have caused it to randomly stop working? All I did was try to reinstall it. any ideas on anything else I can try before I call it quits?

Thanks for the help!!
NaturalPoint - Mike

If it's not coming up on three different computers it's likely a dead device.
madfreddy

Post by madfreddy »

Got the same problem: No device detected. I tried installation on 3 different computern. But on neither of same it's even showing the driver in the device manager. I do not get the device manager on to install the drivers. Can someone help?

System: Windows xp
Track IR 4
Track IR 4 Software both tried: 4.0 and 4.2

Thanks Manni
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Sorry you are having issues with your TrackIR. You have tried this on 3 different computers with the same results? Have you tried this with the latest software release?

I would assume this device is dead. If you still can't get this to work after installing the latest software, submit a ticket at:

help.naturalpoint.com

I will check to see if this unit is still under warranty for you and we can proceed from there.
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav