TrackIR 3 with Vector support will be added???

Pye

Re: TrackIR 3 with Vector support in software 5.1

Post by Pye »

I tried editing it manually in the Settings.XML file and it remembers it, but once I load the trackir software , it ignores it, because the slider is still back to the centre on light filtering 130 (default) not 40 (what I need). The head track fails to track properly until I put the slider back to 40 manually (where it works great) for the duration of my playing session.

even so the XML still remains at 40 that I set it to (with read only attribute on and off ) for the setting.xml file. The track IR software once loaded just ignores it!!! I'm sure its a bug because I have reinstalled Track IR on numerous occasions onto clean windows. My low artificial light conditions need light filtering to work at 40 properly.

You see why I was hoping for a 5.1 release :D
I'm living with it!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What OS are you running?
Pye

Post by Pye »

I am running windows XP service pack 3.
Razor18

Post by Razor18 »

Is TIR 3 Vector supported in software 5.1 in the meantime? Couldn't find it on the homepage...
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Yes, version 5.1.3 Final supports TrackIR 3 with Vector.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Razor18

Post by Razor18 »

Thanks Seth,

I have absolut no problem using 4.1.038 software now, maybe a bit jitter with MS FS close looks, but nothing major. Does it bring, in comparison, any advantage to install 5.1.3 to my TrackIR 3 anyway? Just asking based on "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" principle...

THX: Razor18
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

From a tracking perspective, the TrackIR 5.x software does have improved light filtering, which can reduce interference from some background light sources.

Additionally, the profile/curve editing tools are more intuitive and more extensive.

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Razor18

Post by Razor18 »

Installed TIR 5.1.3, tracking was still a bit jerky. On Camera view, the edges of the three reflective surface was strongly jagged, I told that could be the reason, because it was the same picture with TIR4 previously, including jagged edges on camera view.

Opening "Add/Remove Programs" in Control Panel I realized, TIR4 is still among the programs along with TIR5, I tought TIR5 install removed TIR4 first. Tried to Remove TIR4, couldn't. Tried to Remove TIR5 first, it went OK, but still couldn't remove TIR4 after that.

Any advise against jerky tracking? Tried uninstall/reinstall TIR5 previously, because after some period of working, TIR5 seized to do so, only the 4 IR LED-s lit up, not the green tracking lights. After un/reinstalling, worked again, now stopped again, no green LED.
Razor18

Post by Razor18 »

correction: "... I tought that could be the reason..."
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

It's possible that the camera could be on its way out, in which case replacement would be the only option, really. A good test to see if this is the case would be to install the software/camera on another computer and see if you run into the same issues. If you have smooth tracking on another computer, it's likely a computer or software problem.