TrackIR 3 with Vector support will be added???

Razor18

Re: TrackIR 3 with Vector support in software 5.1

Post by Razor18 »

Thanks, Mike

Well, I just upgraded my PC about a month ago - new mobo, new CPU, RAM and GPU, converted to Win 7 Pro from XP - so I guess this can be considered pretty much another PC. Jerkiness didn't change, moreover, everytime, when I reinstall TIR 5 software, initially it works well (apart from jerkiness in sims), but after a few days, the 4 infra LEDs turn on when starting the software, but when I put my hat with the Vector clip on, green LED does not come on, and camera doesn't seem to see anything. Disconnect/reconnect USB helps, but guess not for too long. Iterestingly, in TIR setup screen jerkines doesn't show, but in many flight sims it does... Weird....
Razor18

Post by Razor18 »

Now, for instance, I shut down TIR5. LEDs went off, icon disappeared from Sys Tray, but in the Task Manager, software was still up and running... The other day PC was shut down, but the IR LEDs were still on. ???
Razor18

Post by Razor18 »

...now, on the other hand, even with the "Load on startup" box checked, firing up my PC the icon doesn't appears in th sys tray, Task Manager doesn't show it running, still the IR LEDs are on...
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

When the lights are on but it doesnt appear to be running, does TrackIR5.exe *32 appear in the task manager's processes tab? If you manually kill that process do the lights go out?
Razor18

Post by Razor18 »

Sorry Mike,

after another failed startup of some sort reg. 5.1.3, I reverted to 4.1.038, this one is stable at least reg. software. I dunno, if buying a TIR5 would make significant difference, I'm just jealous to see other guys' videos showing rock solid TIR movement even zoomed in close, dunno if they have TRI3 or TIR5. My TRI3 6DoF is still unstable, like I would make some little head movements, especially zoomed in, when trying to lean in and klick a switch in FSX's 737 3d cockpit view. Not very easy to hit it with those random micro turn and zoom moves I can't get rid of...
Sagal

Post by Sagal »

I concur with what has just been said. I faced software installation problems. Then even if this part is solved, it is almost not playable in military flight simulation (F4 BMS, DCS). Erratic behavior on x and y axis. Particularly on x. To get back to center one has often to turn head to the extreme right then to the extreme left and then after 1 or 2 minutes it started again. I was thinking of investigating profile settings and I realized that it is a software issue. It is a little bit for pushing people to buy the track ir 5. Then I am sorry but it shouldn't be mentioned that the latest driver are also for track ir3. It seems to be just a lie.
My only way out is therefore to go back to the previous driver that was working.
New PC W7Pro64bit,Z77,3570K,16Gb etc
NaturalPoint - Mike

The driver software is the same with both TrackIR 5.1.3 and 4.1.038, however the tracking engine, solver, and overall architecture are different. TrackIR 3 support should be in both equally. It's possible that the camera is suffering an issue caused by usage over time, or that it is picking up extraneous IR.

The TrackIR software does not treat the TrackIR 3, 4, or 5 any different with respect to tracking capability or quality. They do have different imagers, resolutions, and framerates, but the software uses the information in exactly the same way without regard to what type of unit is sending them.
Sagal

Post by Sagal »

Mike, I cannot argue with what is in or is not in, but one thing is pretty sure for me: drivers 4.1.038 work perfectly and smoothly with my current settings while 5.1.3 not. Similarly with my previous PC (with XP and pentium 4) they were also working well while the 5.xx were not. Maybe there are effectively some settings to modified in term of sensitivity, but I do not think I will bother anymore and stay with 4.1.038. Even the interface is more easier to use in the previous version.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Fair enough. You can keep both 4.x and 5.x installed at the same time, they can run side by side. I'd highly recommend at least checking out the next software update that is currently pending.
Razor18

Post by Razor18 »

Aah.. in two weeks, right? :-D

Any "probable" change log?