TrackIR 3 with Vector support will be added???

ron533

TrackIR 3 with Vector support will be added???

Post by ron533 »

Hi there,

"TrackIR 3 with Vector support will be added in version 5.1"

I've been waiting over a decade (well, since August 2009 actually...)
Is there any date we could expect a progress in the driver??
there is such a great shiny looking driver for sooo long, and I can't use it yet because I have vector...??

I've searched the forums for an answer but none was found...

Thanks for your reply,
Ron
Seth Steiling

Re: TrackIR 3 with Vector support will be added???

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Ron,

Unfortunately, we are not yet able to project a release date for TrackIR 3 support in the 5.x software. You can still access all 100+ TrackIR Enhanced games with the 4.1.037 - Final B version of TrackIR software.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
loczek

Post by loczek »

Pity, I'm waiting for some version without "broken neck" bug which i've been suffering from 4.1.029 (if i remember correctly). This bug makes gameplay so annoying that i'm desperately waiting for every updete hopin that this time you addressed it... and still nothing...

Adam
ron533

Post by ron533 »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Seth]Hi Ron,

Unfortunately, we are not yet able to project a release date for TrackIR 3 support in the 5.x software. You can still access all 100+ TrackIR Enhanced games with the 4.1.037 - Final B version of TrackIR software.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply,

Are these technical difficulties or rather marketing decisions?

Ron
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=loczek]Pity, I'm waiting for some version without "broken neck" bug which i've been suffering from 4.1.029 (if i remember correctly). This bug makes gameplay so annoying that i'm desperately waiting for every updete hopin that this time you addressed it... and still nothing...

Adam[/quote]
I'm not aware of this bug--doesn't sound familiar. It might predate my time at NP though. Have you logged this with support? What behavior are you experiencing?

[quote=ron533][quote=NaturalPoint - Seth]Hi Ron,

Unfortunately, we are not yet able to project a release date for TrackIR 3 support in the 5.x software. You can still access all 100+ TrackIR Enhanced games with the 4.1.037 - Final B version of TrackIR software.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply,

Are these technical difficulties or rather marketing decisions?

Ron[/quote]
Neither, really. It's a matter of development resources, or rather, a lack thereof. :) Our TrackIR dev team is currently working hard on a couple of major, long-term projects on a different product line, so 5.1 support is a bit on the back burner, unfortunately. We'd love to crank it out quicker, but there are only so many hours a day for our developers to get everything done. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
loczek

Post by loczek »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Seth]
I'm not aware of this bug--doesn't sound familiar. It might predate my time at NP though. Have you logged this with support? What behavior are you experiencing?
[/quote]
Dear Seth, yes i think it predates your time in NP as i reported it in 2006, and heared from Vincent that "NP is aware of this and working on it" :-)
The bug regards strange behavior of virtual head - it suddenly falls down like with broken neck. Aftre recenter everything is fine for some time and then the head falls down again and so on...
It heppens when VE is in some bigger angle, but all dots are in FOV of camera. If you'd like to know more details please contact me or search my older posts on this forum - i can not, probably they're too old now.

Thanks for the answer Seth.
Adam
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hmmm... I'm assuming you have a TrackIR 3, which is why you haven't been able to test the new 5.x software?
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
loczek

Post by loczek »

Exactly. TIR3+VE. This is why I was so waiting for 5.1
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Well, I'm afraid the wait will be a bit longer for you, then, unfortunately. Sorry, Adam. :(
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
loczek

Post by loczek »

Well Seth, i wish 5.1 will be worth waiting and i hope i'll be still alive when it's done... ;-)

thanks for answers
reg.

Adam