default head position

xylem

default head position

Post by xylem »

Hi,

I've been using TIR3 for years without problem. Just activated Vector for use in Lock On Flaming Cliffs, and having several problems:

The default head positon with TIR+V puts me right up near the windshield, too close to the instrument panel. Have to look down at gauges too often, which is almost dizzying. Previously I was able to use zoom keys to just move back and forth in the cockpit for better views, but Vector has taken control of the in-cockpit zoom keys.

To try to solve this I adjusted the default head position, in the Sim's snapview.lua file, to be further back. My assumption was that TIR would use this default position for it's starting point. But no. When I go into the game without TIR I get the desired head position, but when I go in with TIR it reverts back to the old far-forward posit.

Furthermore, when I lean in to get a better view of the gauges it acts like there is resistance to my forward head movement and then the view actually moves backward???!!!

I have also tried altering the "Z" axis including making the right side of the curve as vertical as I could; no joy.

So, any solution to this?

Also what is "true view?"

And lastly; could someone fix the 'posting' screen; it's screwed up. Try making a post.

Anyway, thanks for hearing me out. Hope someone has some insight; would appreciate it....

Cheers.....
VincentG

Re: default head position

Post by VincentG »

Is the TrackClip centered within the camera view?

How far away from the camera are youpositioned?

Trueview -

Picture it this way. I'll use a flight simulator as an example, because that's what I use, and it makes it easier to assign an arbitrary forwards and backwards direction for the explanation. In normal, non true view mode if you turn your head the translation axis doesn't rotate with it.. meaning if you look 90 degrees to the right (that is so in game your view rotates 90 degrees), then in game it would make sense that sliding your head to the left (relative to your sitting position) would move it towards the front of the cockpit, in game. Instead it moves you to the left side of the plane. The translation axis hasn't rotated to follow the orientation of your head.

Whereas in trueview; I can look almost behind me, out a side window, and then if I move my head to the side (proper in game direction) I peek out over the edge of the window.