Unhandled Exception While Installing 4.01.037.Final.B

mooky

Unhandled Exception While Installing 4.01.037.Final.B

Post by mooky »

Hi!

I picked up a used TrackIR 3 system. I installed the drivers off the original CD and it works great. While installing the new software (Vector Expansion), I get an Unhandled Exception Error when clicking 'Next' after the installation path confirmation. It reads as follows:

Error Number: 0x80040707
Description: Dll function call crashed: ISRT._WaitOnDialog

Setup will now terminate

[OK]

I'm running Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 3. Never had a problem with this PC, I keep it pretty clean, I've been a Systems Administrator for the last 15 years.

I've tried disabling antivirus (Avast!)
I've disabled Data Execution Prevention (NoExecute = AlwaysOff in boot.ini)
NaturalPoint support suggested I right click, run as, uncheck "Protect my computer....."
NaturalPoint support suggested I uninstall all NaturalPoint software and run the Microsoft Installer Cleanup Tool
And last, NP support suggested I reinstall Windows Installer

Nothing has worked. I get the same error on earlier builds of the 4.0.x software, too.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
mooky

Re: Unhandled Exception While Installing 4.01.037.Final.B

Post by mooky »

Update:

I get the same error in safe mode.

I uninstalled Avast!, rebooted and tried to run the installer again; same error.

I uninstalled my ATI video card driver (it's always ATI's fault, right?), got the same error.

I ran the installer on my Windows 7 Pro virtual machine running on my IMac. Works perfectly. Go figure.

Is it time to reinstall XP?
mooky

Re: Unhandled Exception While Installing 4.01.037.Final.B

Post by mooky »

Well,

I fixed it....sort of.

The fact that the installer ran fine on a virtual machine (Windows 7 Pro, no less) on my IMac gave me an idea.

I created a Windows XP virtual machine on my IMac, found and installed a free trial version of Caphyon's Advanced Installer and used it to create an .msi for the TrackIR installer. Ran the .msi on the problem machine.

Works great.