TrackIR3+ vector expan.+trackclip wtih 5.1beta03 proble

NN_Avirex

TrackIR3+ vector expan.+trackclip wtih 5.1beta03 proble

Post by NN_Avirex »

I always had problem using Vector Expansion and track clip (classic one) on TrackIR 3 with the drivers version 4. At the end I gave up.
Seeing that the 5.1 beta 03 version supported the trackIR 3 I decided to try.
Everything seems to work OK except that that I can't look up.
The camera loose signal immediately and I have some erratic view.
Here are some pictures showing the problem.
The first one shows how I'm installed to play.
I precise that I tried to put the track clip higher above my head (fixed uppon the headset), to level the TrackIR and the clip, but it only get worth.
The second is the centred head, the third is when it loose the signal, and the last is the erratic behaviour.

Thank you very much

Intel i7 870, 8 Gb DDR, GTX 470 and windows 7 ultimate 64b

VincentG

Re: TrackIR3+ vector expan.+trackclip wtih 5.1beta03 proble

Post by VincentG »

You are sitting within 8cm of the camera?

Ideally you are going to want to be 60-180cm from the camera, with the Clip pr as horizontal with the camera as possible.

It also looks like you are getting some pretty good tilt back before the points go red, and cross over each other.

If it isn't moving far enough in the pitch axis, have you thought about increasing the speed settings for pitch?
NN_Avirex

Post by NN_Avirex »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]You are sitting within 8cm of the camera?
[/quote]

No, of course not.
But for years I have been used to sit at about 50 cm, wich is maybe to near.
8 cm is the vertical level difference between the camera and the clip.
I tried again yesterday with a different cap.
The eyeshade is curve instade fo being flat, it's seems to make things a bit better.
I have to mess with the soft to find the right setting I guess.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

If you'd like to edit the pitch axis, it could increase your range of motion significantly, depending on your level of adjustment.

Step 1: Load TrackIR and select the profile tab. Click the button just to the right of the word "exclusive" to copy the default profile to a new one. Name the new profile something you can easily remember.

Step 2: In the motion adjustment, select the axis to modify in the dropdown box. In this case, we are going to adjust pitch.

Step 3: Adjust the graph for pitch by manually moving the individual dots around to adjust your speed and sensitivity ranges. If you want to make the entire axis more or less sensitive, use the up or down arrow to make a blanket adjustment instead of modifying the individual sections

Step 4: Test your adjustments by using the 3d environment built into the TrackIR software. If you need a point of reference, there is a built in cockpit panoramic that can help you to better assess the adjustments. Access this by right clicking on the 3d environment and checking "show pano"

Step 5: Save your profile, then access the titles tab. Find the game you wish to apply the profile to, and select your new profile.