Natural Point and UPS the new postal mafia?

booradley232

Natural Point and UPS the new postal mafia?

Post by booradley232 »

Ok so there I am with my trusty old track ir which still works with XP only problem is I need some new reflective dots.

So I figure keep it with Natural point and purchase some dots from you.

imagine my surprise when I see the following...

Could Natural point justify to me how you expect to charge 65.73 for a almost weightless package of stick dots worth 6 buck and then charge 65.73 to ship them to Ireland.

I would love to have original dots but i'm afraid at that price I will be using a roll of reflective tape from the local DIY Store to get the job done!

Just as ridiculous as failing to provide windows 7 drivers for your older tech!.

meh!
Seth Steiling

Shipping rates.

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi booski,

We have no control over UPS' international shipping rates, and we make no money off of shipping. We simply pass on the cost of the shipping that UPS charges us.

My recommendation would actually be exactly what you are planning on doing: find a local source of retro-reflective material. I recommend something by 3M.

Regarding your drivers comment: as has been discussed at length in these forums and others, if you reduce the issue to "driver update," you're missing the larger picture. The process of retroactively supporting 6, 7, or 8 year old products with every new OS release is appreciably more complex than you're implying.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack