trackIR or smartNAV

sanature

trackIR or smartNAV

Post by sanature »

hey guys!!!

just discovered the site and products. planning on buying soon but have a question.
what is the difference between the two products?
i plan to use it for gaming and for regular pc work including voice recogniton software.
does the smartNAV include everything that the trackIR has and more?
let me know what you guys think and i can't wait to order.
i love to build and create things, so sorry that i missed out on the active IR project.
i am currently working on developing a voice recogniton/mic setup to be used while using external speakers during gaming. i have a set of Klipsch 5.1's all setup within 2 feet of me that i turn up to near max, so it is difficult to get any voice recognition to work very well with current situation.
anyway, i got side tracked.
if anyone can give me some advice on which product to purchase let me know.
maybe i need to buy both?

thanks
Jim

Re: trackIR or smartNAV

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Good question. The smartNAV is for general PC use and has software more tailored for mouse control. The basic version comes in a black case. The trackIR is for PC gaming, specifically flight sims and comes with different software targeted at sims, in a clear case. In a week or so there will be very cool new software just for the trackIR, to enhance the gaming ability.

Note that you can purchase a smartNAV and then download and use trackIR software for free, but not the other way around. If you get a smartNAV EG then you also get the clear case (which is better looking IMHO) and switch input and can still download trackIR software for free.

The basic idea is that we will be segmenting the products even more in the near future and they will take on different characteristics aimed at each market, but smartNAV will tend to allow trackIR features to be used if so desired by the user.

Hope that helps.
sanature

Post by sanature »

Jim,

thanks for the info.
i assume the smartNAV EG is your top of the line?
i will order that one.
one more question if you would.
will there be any software conflict between the two?
i am assuming that i can keep the programs separate and run the appropriate one that is needed at the time.

i am looking forward to trying it out.
this may be something that we could use at work.

again, thanks

keep up the good work !!!!
sanature

Post by sanature »

Jim,

sorry about that.
i guess i should have looked at the site better.
i see that the smartNAV AT is your flagship.
unless you suggest otherwise, i will order that one and then download the gaming software designed for the trackIR.

thanks
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Yes, the smartNAV AT is our top of the line, but you might be better served by the EG model. The only difference between the two is Dwell Clicking, which allows for total hands free cursor control. If you don't require that the EG bundle includes some cool things, like a carrying pouch, and should do for functionality.

I don't think that you can have both software versions installed at the same time, due to driver conflict, but it is easy to run the installer, which will uninstall the other software version.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.