TIR3 not tracking, Camera View completely red

alpha

TIR3 not tracking, Camera View completely red

Post by alpha »

Hi,

I bought a TIR3 quite some time ago. Worked great and I added the Vector Expansion later. Worked fine as well.

All of a sudden the TIR3 stopped tracking today - system configuration didn�t change. The 4 red lights come on, but the green "Got something to track" doesn�t show anymore. Tried un/reinstalling Drivers, tried with TIR-Software Version 4 and 5 - no change.

What I noticed is in the TIR5-Software the "camera view" is completely red, and tracked objects is 1. When manually putting the "light filter threshold" to the very hig/right side some of the red dissapears and multiple single red dorts appear all over the screen. Doesn�t depend on backlight etc.

So my guess is the filtering doesn�t work anymore. Can�t see any physical change from the outside and I�m slightly hesitant to open it up yet... Any ideas?

Thanks
Alpha
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TIR3 not tracking, Camera View completely red

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

It is possible that the imager might have had some sort of failure, or the camera may have been damaged or overheated somehow. The filter can not fault, per-se, it's essentially like sunglasses that block visible light and only let IR through.
alpha

Post by alpha »

I don�t know what kind of magic you applied with your answer - but it worked :-D

But seriously: Although I restarted the computer a couple of time yesterday it never got out of the "all-red" loop. Tried it again today - and it works like it did for years. Hopefully the problem is not going to come back...

Anyway - thanks for a fine product. Can�t imagine to fly simulators without one anymore.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

glad I was able to somehow magic a fix to you. There are potentially some light issues that may not be readily apparent, such as halogen lights. Barring those, I honestly wish I knew what caused it. It may be that a chip has come loose over the years and it's making/losing connection as it heats up and cools down. Keep an eye on it and let us know if it happens again.

-Mike