tracking working in software but not in simulator

cessnaman

tracking working in software but not in simulator

Post by cessnaman »

Tracking was working in fs2004 yesterday and today it's not working. When I run the software it tracks within the software, but then when I was in fs2004 trackir 4 wasn't working. I did see the green light, but no blue light I did add the optimized fs2004 xml which I got from this forum. Could there be something in this profile that I need to do in order for it to work in the simulator? I haven't had a chance to go back to the default profile yet to see if the tracking in the sim will work.
BTW: I'm running trackir 4 pro with pro clip and ver. 5 software.

Thanks
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: tracking working in software but not in simulator

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

What version of windows are you running?
cessnaman

Post by cessnaman »

Hey Mike, I'm running windows xp.
After a reboot of the computer trackir was working in fs2004.
It was a little jumpy at times, so I'll have to do some tweaking and adjust the camera some. Trackir seems to freeze more when turning to the left and I noticed that the green light would go out, So that's a good indication that the camera may need to be moved a little. I also noticed after removing headset, the cord may have been blocking the signal, although I'm not 100% if it was. I have the pro clip on the left side of the my headset and I do have a desk light on, from that side so I'll try putting clip on the right side of my headset and see if that helps. I'll do some more tests and report back if any problems.
Trackir is new to me and I still need to learn adjustment.

Thanks
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Adjusting the camera may be a good idea.

Camera view may help you, too. Open the TrackIR software, then in the top left corner of the HUD graph, click the word "Display" and change it to "camera view". The HUD will then show you exactly what the camera sees. If there are just three green dots you're good. Move around and explore your range of movement while watching the screen. If two dots touch eachother, the software can no longer tell the difference between them and it will lose the clip (the dots will turn red). Additionally, if other light is visible you will be able to see it here, the same with objects blocking individual lights.