Windows 11 Pro doesn't recognice TrackIR.

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Jackal

Windows 11 Pro doesn't recognice TrackIR.

Post by Jackal »

Good morning to all.

I don't know if this topic has been already discussed here or in some other forum (my apologies, in case).
After I got back my new computer with Window' 11 Pro, I installed TIR with 5.4.2 software following carefully the instructions.
In return, after I lauched the program, no device has been found but currently it was plugged in a PC USB free slot.
Following another forum member's advice, I let Windows try to find driver and I have also manually pointed it to C;/Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\USB Driverx64\npusbio_x64. With no luck I get the Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

I warmly please the developers to give me (but I'm not sure I would be the only one, at this point) any kind of help to solve this severe issue, which doesn't let me to use the device.
And I regret to be obliged and remark that this preripheral and its software worked fine in years with any previous Windows versions until in my computer had been installed Windows 10 Pro. So wouldn't this the case to update the sotware or release a new one?

Many thanks in advance and sincerely hoping in a very quick and positive answer.

With best regards to all.
FlyingMasterChef

Re: Windows 11 Pro doesn't recognice TrackIR.

Post by FlyingMasterChef »

I also can't get TrackIR 5 to load in windows 11. It was working perfectly and now it starts and (as I watch it load in Process explorer) is instantly suspended as it loads and then shuts down. It never shows anything on the screen. I have fully uninstalled the software and downloaded and installed the newest version as of today. Same version I have run for a while now. This did not fix the issue. I have updated everything I could update on the computer. Still the same results.

Any help with this would be great. And any info needed I can provide.

Greg
crossw1nd

Post by crossw1nd »

I am in the same boat - brand new Trackir 5 and my Windows 11 PC can't find the driver.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello crossw1nd,

Can you verify that you have all of the necessary USB drivers installed for your motherboard? Are you connecting the TrackIR directly to a USB port on the motherboard or through a hub? Is the USB port 2.0 or 3.0?

Once you have confirmed your computer has all of the drivers installed, please try reinstalling the TrackIR software. If you have any custom saved profiles, you will want to copy them to a temp folder before proceeding. Profiles are stored in the App Data folder which is hidden by default.

Follow this path using your user name. C:\Users\[Your.User.Name]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles
To show hidden Items Click on the view tab in your window Explorer and select Hidden Items

Then, please try doing a Full uninstall and reinstall of the software and see if that helps, especially steps 3 and 5. You can follow these steps below:

1. Unplug the TrackIR from your computer.
2. Remove TrackIR from add/remove programs.
3. Remove NaturalPoint Drivers from add/remove programs.
4. Delete NaturalPoint folder from Program Files x86.
5. Delete NaturalPoint folder from %APPDATA% location. (AppData is a hidden folder)
-C:\Users\[Your.User.Name]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint.
6. Reboot PC.
7. Download the latest installer from our website.
-The latest download will also have our latest USB Drivers.
8. Right-click and install as an administrator.
9. Locate the Track IR 5 Icon on your desktop, Right-click on it and select 'Run as Administrator'. (This only needs to be done the first time.)

Please let me know if this works for you, or if you have any questions on how to complete this.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
Brahams

Post by Brahams »

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with TrackIR on Windows 11 Pro. It's frustrating when a previously working device suddenly stops functioning with a new operating system.