Dwell clicking problem

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Commish

Dwell clicking problem

Post by Commish »

I previously had a problem with dwell clicker not loading. I resolved that problem but now I have another. Dwell clicker is loaded and running and I'm working along doing anything and dwell clicker disappears completely from the screen! I have a voice activated software loaded so I can say "show dwell clicker" and it reappears. There must be a workaround to this problem because I should not have to rely on another program to get dwell clicker working.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Dwell clicking problem

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

What was it that kept the dwell clicker from loading? Perhaps the cause of the disappearing dwell click bar is related? I have never heard of this issue before.

How many monitors do you have?
Commish

Post by Commish »

Sorry it took so long to reply. I have discovered why the dwell clicker keeps disappearing. In the dwell clicker setup it was in the off position in the float over windows. After a reboot it always goes back to the off position when I always want it in the always on position. For some reason it always reverts back to the off position after a reboot when I want to keep it in the always on position. Any explanation for this?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

It's likely a windows permission issue that prevents the settings from being saved when the program is closed.

Let's try some installation troubleshooting:

Unplug your camera, and uninstall the SmartNav software.
Download a new copy of the latest version of the SmartNav software, and save it to your desktop (note: do not run from the downloader).
Right click on the installer, and select "Run as administrator" (even if your account is an administrator) Finish the installation as normal, plug in your camera, and verify that drivers are properly installed via the device manager.
Run the software, and see if it works properly.
Commish

Post by Commish »

Your instructions resolved my problem. Thank you.