Front Status LED is showing incorrect color

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
curetzky

Front Status LED is showing incorrect color

Post by curetzky »

The Front Status LED is red but it appears to be working correctly. If I boot my system SmartNAV's FS LED is green. If I freeze the tracking (F9) then unfreeze the FS LED stays red but SmartNAV appears to work correctly.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Front Status LED is showing incorrect color

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

Let's see if a quick reinstall of the software can set things right:

Unplug your camera, and uninstall the SmartNav software.
Download a new copy of the latest version of the SmartNav software, and save it to your desktop (note: do not run from the downloader).
Right click on the installer, and select "Run as administrator" (even if your account is an administrator) Finish the installation as normal, plug in your camera, and verify that drivers are properly installed via the device manager.
Run the software, and see if it works properly.
curetzky

Post by curetzky »

Thanks Mike that appears to have worked. Sorry for the delay in response but I had to get someone to help. Once SmartNAV in down I'm almost helpless due to my disability.
Thanks again.
curetzky

Post by curetzky »

Well...that didn't last long. It's back doing the same thing. When I freeze it the FS LED stays green. When I shut it down the FS LED stays green. Operation is OK.
NaturalPoint - Mike

It doesn't seem likely, but there's always a chance that this could be due to a hardware issue. We can attempt to inspect the camera for you at our factory if you would like. Please email support@naturalpoint.com and reference this thread if you would like to set this up.
curetzky

Post by curetzky »

I found the problem but don't know the reason behind it. My office in the house and the middle bedroom must be on the same circuit or at least the outlet in question. If something is plugged into that outlet, happened to be a cell phone charger and cell phone, it causes the SmartNAV to act in a strange manner. Since I have left that outlet unused there hasn't been a problem.
curetzky

Post by curetzky »

Well this wasn't the answer. It got worse so bad the cursor was very jumpy and after putting into a different USB port it stopped working. I put it back into the original USB port and did a cold boot instead of a warm one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but to this point it appears to be working. I don't want to have to send it to you because then I'm unable to use my computer. Update to follow.
NaturalPoint - Mike

It might be something that would require repair. It appears that it's going in and out regardless of what conditions are occuring.

If you would like to find out about submitting an RMA for repair, and get warranty status or cost information, please email support@naturalpoint.com