Why won't you answer my SmartNAV support question?

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Sean

Why won't you answer my SmartNAV support question?

Post by Sean »

My original question was added to ajporr's post "ERROR MESSAGE..." almost 4 months ago, after 1 response and more than a months wait, it was being ignored. I posted my original request as a new topic to restart things another month went by without a response.

Now it looks like my request for support has been removed from the forum altogether, is this standard procedure for difficult issues?

For the third time here is my original request for help...

Hello Mike,

I've had the same problem with the "you can't run both track IR and SmartNAV at the same time" error message on start-up and reboots. I followed the instructions you gave ajporr with the same result, that is it went away for a while and eventually came back. Now I get the error message every time I boot the computer.

I'm using a SmartNAV 4: AT (S/N 76290), version 3.20.037.2, with the dwellclicker option.

Could you post the answer in the forum for others to see?

Thanks for your help in advance�
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Why won't you answer my SmartNAV support question?

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

I apologize if your last response was missed. I try my best to ensure that every support request is answered to the best of our ability, however in some instances, they can be missed. In the case of the last request, it came in over an extended holiday weekend, and I must have missed it in the following week, to which I apologize.

The only thing that I can think of in this particular case is that the camera may have a corrupted ROM, and would need to be reprogrammed. Unfortunately, that is something that can only happen at the factory. If you would like to email support@naturalpoint.com and reference this forum post, we will try to make appropriate arrangements to get this handled for you.