Can I update from version 3.20.008 and if so, how?

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Johnny_F

Can I update from version 3.20.008 and if so, how?

Post by Johnny_F »

Hello there,

I had an accident in May 2004 and became a quadriplegic. I was given by a charity at the time, a NaturalPoint SmartNav that I still have but have not used for quite a while.

The version I have is 3.20.008.

I have put the software disc in, installed that version and tried to use it but I am being told by the software that it cannot find the camera. I expect I need to update the software for it to work. Can you tell me exactly what version I need to update to and will this work once it is updated?

If somebody could give me the exact link and version I need to update to, that would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Johnny
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Can I update from version 3.20.008 and if so, how?

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

To install the latest version:

Download a new copy of the latest version of the SmartNav software, and save it to your desktop (note: do not run from the downloader).
Right click on the installer, and select "Run as administrator" (even if your account is an administrator) Finish the installation as normal, plug in your camera, and verify that drivers are properly installed via the device manager.
Run the software, and see if it works properly.