New monitor mountings for the SmartNav 3 in the UK?

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Johnny_F

New monitor mountings for the SmartNav 3 in the UK?

Post by Johnny_F »

I have a SmartNav 3 (the older version). I know you cannot buy these anymore but I have been informed that you can still buy the accessories for them. What happened with mine is; one of the tiny washers that is fixed in the monitor mountings has perished. Now when I mount the SmartNav on top of my laptop, it does not stay upright anymore.

Can you still buy these tiny little washers or the other thing I have noticed, is that you can buy different monitor mounts still for the SmartNav 3.. Will these do the trick so it can be fixed to a laptop and take the place of the existing little tiny washers that hold it in place and upright at the moment?

The other problem is, I have only found one link that shows them. This I believe is a USA outlet. I put the link below and the accessories I am talking about are number 5 in the accessory list. I live in the UK, is there anywhere that I might be able to buy them here? If so, can somebody give me a link for a UK outlet that sells them please?

http://www.naturalpoint.com/smartnav/pr ... ories.html

Thanks

Johnny F
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: New monitor mountings for the SmartNav 3 in the UK?

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello �

Unfortunately, no. The SmartNav 3 units have been out of production for quite some time now and we don�t have remaining service parts for them. The monitor mount shown only serves to give the SmartNav an adhesive base to the monitor or laptop, but won�t do anything about the issue with the missing washer. You may be able to find a replacement and do a DIY fix on it, or alternatively apply some adhesive or create a sheath to go around the joint to stabilize it, but there�s no official repair for it.