SmartNav Windows 8 compatibility

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
xngbobby

Re: SmartNav Windows 8 compatibility

Post by xngbobby »

Just installed CS:GO (Counterstrike Global Offensive) on Windows 8 and when I get in game my SmartNAV lags really bad. It works fine running Windows 7, Vista and XP. I'm guessing it's a driver issue.
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

There have been some issues with SmartNav and the native Windows on-screen keyboard which is why recommend Click-N-Type. You can download it from: http://cnt.lakefolks.org/
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

Haven't heard of lag before but it could be possible. There have been a few issues trying to play games at a different resolution then what you normally run on the desktop though. Are you running at the same resolution in the game as you are in Windows?
xngbobby

Post by xngbobby »

Thx I'll try that keyboard.............Yeah my desktop res is 1920x1200 as is my games.
xngbobby

Post by xngbobby »

Are there going to be drivers for Win 8 anytime soon? I have 2 SmartNAV's and both don't work well in Win 8 for gaming or typing.
freds

Post by freds »

My SmartNav dont run at the windows 8 start...I have the latest version of the software and the option run at startup is checked
outreach

Post by outreach »

I had faced some issues while installing Windows 8.Anyhow thanks for some updates by all of you here.
TomNY

Post by TomNY »

I just had a brand-new SmartNAV purchased for me by a vocational rehabilitation group. I have been using these products for a very long time. I'm currently on a laptop with Windows 8. I had a previous model SmartNAV that I was using on the laptop okay, but not as well as it should normally be used. When I plugged in the new SmartNAV the tracking works fine but the dwell clicking bar is checked, but grayed out and I cannot find a way through any of the tabs or anything to activate dwell clicking. I rely upon dwell clicking big time. Please tell me how to activate dwell clicking, which is something I have always used. This is very frustrating.
sensoryrob

Post by sensoryrob »

Re: On Screen keyboard We have found problems launching Windows onscreen keyboard when Smartnav is running. This only occurs when there is a hotkey bound to the LWin button.

The fix is to goto Smartnav settings/Clicking page and disable the hotkey binding for LWin.
smartnav.PNG
smartnav.PNG (21.24 KiB) Viewed 15142 times
The problem affects both Windows 7 and 8.
cgorney

Post by cgorney »

Hi,

We have Smartnav installed and running fine for my mum, but when Windows 8 goes to sleep, on waking Smartnav often isn't there.

There is no panel and the camera is not active, it is not picking up anything.

If you go to the Device manager, shut down the software and then open it again, the panel/software still doesn't come back.

The only way to get it working again is to restart the computer, which for someone with no hands and no control of the cursor is impossible.

Do you know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks