New release and Dwell Clicker

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Sean

New release and Dwell Clicker

Post by Sean »

Hi Mike or Elizabeth,

can you please tell me if the latest release of the Smartnav software supports Dwell Clicker switched off at start up?

Also I can't download the new release from the downloads section. I'm not having this problem elsewhere.

Thanks in advance...
Sean

Re: New release and Dwell Clicker

Post by Sean »

Hi again,

I've managed to work out what is happening to the downloads (as far as I can tell all on this site). When I use the Click-N-Type on-screen keyboard with built-in prediction to fill in the "subscribe" section prior to doing the download, download ends up failing after about 1 MB.

However, if I use Click-N-Type to enter all the text (without prediction) the download completes properly.

I understand this may be a security feature, but it's worth looking at as many users here will be using either the Click-N-Type on-screen keyboard or another brand of on-screen keyboard for text entry with some form of word prediction.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hmm... interesting. The download isn't tied to the email subscription request, they're two separate functions. I'll try to test it out here and see if we can replicate this.

As for the off at startup, it doesn't directly support this, but you can save all other settings with dwell click off, then when you start, it will be off. You can then turn it on, and just not save settings when you turn SmartNav off again.
Franck Dernoncourt

Post by Franck Dernoncourt »

By the way for the next release of the Dwell Clicker, could you please add some shortcuts to control it (e.g. turn in on/off)? It would be really useful :-)
(I tried to use Sikuli to circumvent it, however it doesn't succeed in catching the Dwell Clicker window as it seems to be handled in an unusual way. Anyway using Sikuli would add quite some lag and complexity, so it would be better to avoid it.)
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Heya -

There's a feature request in already for this, however i've decided to update it's priority to see if we can get it in a future version for you.
Franck Dernoncourt

Post by Franck Dernoncourt »

Awesome, thanks a lot Mike!