IR emitter

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
shadowcatt

IR emitter

Post by shadowcatt »

Is it possible to turn off the IR emitter in the SmartNav 4 (I know how to turn it off) and wear the emitter on yourself. If so where would I purchase the emitter or what what I have to build. The reason I ask is I have been using the SmartNav in conjunction with the controller that I built To play first person shooter games. I just recently got a 3-D monitor and want to play the games in 3-D but the SmartNav emitter messes up 3-D glasses and makes them flicker. I would like to find a way to make these work together.
I am a c5 quadriplegic and don't have finger use so a mouse isn't an option.

I have been playing Borderlands 2 and can't wait for Crysis 3
I even figured out how to make this work on the xbox to play halo 4. I can't thank the people behind the SmartNav enough.
jolsonsalem

Re: IR emitter

Post by jolsonsalem »

I don't know of any off-the-shelf type of solutions, but you there are options to turn the IR LEDs off. Once you do that you can use an external IR LED such as part number LED1010 on our OptiTrack markers page: http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/p ... s-markers/