Multiple Monitors Support

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
jmace

Multiple Monitors Support

Post by jmace »

I am using version 4 of SmartNav and have a three monitor setup that I am using (2x 19" and 1x ~24") consequently, I have about 3 feet of total monitor real estate.

The problem I am having is that the mouse will not go all the way to the right. It will go all the way to the left, however. I don't think this is a limitation of the hardware, rather one of positioning or reflective material. I am thinking that if I were to increase the width of my reflective material I would be able to solve my problem.

Any ideas?
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Multiple Monitors Support

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Jmace,

Where is the SmartNav device located?
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
jmace

Post by jmace »

The unit is located on top of the middle monitor. I am using Absolute Cursor Positioning that seems to be working.
Franck Dernoncourt

Post by Franck Dernoncourt »

If you have many monitors, you can place two dots on your forehead. (I do this to manage 6 monitors)
alexender

Post by alexender »

The problem I am having is that the mouse will not go all the way to the right
kaleem
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

alexender,

What are you horizontal and vertical speed settings? Are all of your monitors the same size and resolution? What is your overall resolution?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager