SmartNAV windows 8 driver issue

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
RussW

SmartNAV windows 8 driver issue

Post by RussW »

Hi there, I would appreciate some support with this issue please. Having read previous posts about this I am having the same issue reported by other people.I am running Windows 8 64 bit. Installed the software from both the website and the disc that shipped with my SmartNAV AT version. Plugged in the SmartNAV and no lights showing at all. Followed the instructions to check for the device in Device Manager, where it shows up as an unknown device. Followed the instructions on the forum to manually find the drivers, and although they seem to be present in the folders I was directed to, they wouldn't install from this procedure.

I tried to install on a different laptop also with Window 8 64 bit, and went through the whole procedure again. Same result. No lights on at all.

I am based in UK so telephone support might not be an option, but all assistance gratefully received.
MikeWitham

Re: SmartNAV windows 8 driver issue

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello RussW,

I would like you to create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com. I would like to know more about your setup before offering a fix.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
RussW

Post by RussW »

Thanks Mike, I have opened a request for assistance on the help website you suggested.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Thank you. I am going to be looking into solutions for you. You will have an email from me later today with a few options.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager