SmartNav Compatibility with Windows 8.1

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Cindy K

SmartNav Compatibility with Windows 8.1

Post by Cindy K »

We have an HP Laptop set up for a quadriplegic user and are running SmartNav and Dragon Voice with great results. However, Windows 8 is giving me a whole set of challenges. I'm looking at the Windows 8.1 upgrade. Is SmartNav (the newest release) compatible with Windows 8.1? Thanks in advance - I'd hate to update the O.S. and break what is already working with the 'head mouse!'
By the way, SmartNav is amazing - what a gift for those who can't use their hands to operate a computer!
MikeWitham

Re: SmartNav Compatibility with Windows 8.1

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello Cindy K,

We have tested and used the SmartNav on Windows 8.1 here in the office, and it worked wonderfully.

Best regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Oggie

Post by Oggie »

Recently I changed my computer and I am now using Win8.1

Everything works well but I have a problem : if I do a restart The computer often tells me there is a problem and proceeds to fix itself but if I shut down and cold start it, all is well.

Often when I shutdown (to restart or complete shutdown) I get an error message telling me that some files used by Smartnav are in use and asks me wether to ignore and continue.

It seems that Smartnav doesn't shut down fully but a complete shutdown "cleans" fully the memory - does this make any sense ?

I am using Win8.1 and the latest Smartnav s/ware and the V3 hardware.

Thanks
M.Longo
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello Oggie,

I'm sorry about the delay in my response. I have been unable to re-create the problem you are experiencing. Would you be able to submit screenshots of the issue? Does it say which files are in use when you attempt a shutdown? Please let me know if anything changes.

Best regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Oggie

Post by Oggie »

I'm sorry about the delay in my response. I have been unable to re-create the problem you are experiencing. Would you be able to submit screenshots of the issue? Does it say which files are in use when you attempt a shutdown? Please let me know if anything changes.
Ok, I'll try but no guarantees as:

1) doesn't always happen
2) I can only take screenshots while in Windows as I use computer completely hands-free

Thanks & best regards
Manuel
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Oggie,

I would like you to create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com so we can discuss more troubleshooting options.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Oggie

Post by Oggie »

I would like you to create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com so we can discuss more troubleshooting options.

Sorry for taking long to get back to you but I have a problem....I cannot re-create my problem - which is good....it seems to have repaired itself!

Thanks for help and seems that Windows auto-repair actually did it's job :D :D