windows 10 smartnav

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
natekh09

windows 10 smartnav

Post by natekh09 »

greetings , i have a problem that occasionally occurs in windows 10.. my smartnav sometimes locks and stops working. this only happens whenever I am typing using the windows onscreen keyboard because it predicts my style of wording. workaround for this is i have to go to task manager and stop it by hand and reopen it manually., is there any way to stop this from happening..
nate
MikeWitham

Re: windows 10 smartnav

Post by MikeWitham »

natekh09,

I haven't reproduced this at the office. I will test it from my laptop at home to see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
natekh09

Post by natekh09 »

it doesn't do it on demand . as i said it occasionally does it whenever I am typing a email or something similar along those lines with thee windows onscreen keyboard up visually and typing with it
artafel

Post by artafel »

Is smartnav now compatible with windows 10 ?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

artafel,

Yes the SmartNav is compatible with Windows 10.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
lions81

Post by lions81 »

Hi MikeWitham,
I'm a carer for a guy who has the same problem as above at all different times not just when he is using his on screen keyboard and has only been happening since updating to windows 10. Its constantly freezing and carers have to move the cursor using the mouse pad for it to work again he is becoming quite frustrated with it hope you can help
Thanks
natekh09

Post by natekh09 »

however in my experience it does freez hiccups on awkward occasion whenever typing with windows onscreen keyboard and mail program but yea smartnav does work with w10
nate
missing1981

Post by missing1981 »

hi has this problem been sorted yet as i am waiting to upgrade

Thanks
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

missing1981,

I was only able to replicate this on one machine at my disposal and resolved it by running in compatibility mode with Windows 8. I am hoping to find the actual cause soon and provide a more permanent solution.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
phillipcourt

Post by phillipcourt »

I run smartnav in compatibility mode i will write bck when I know the result
phillip courtney