windows 10 smartnav

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
MikeWitham

Re: windows 10 smartnav

Post by MikeWitham »

phillipcourt,

Did the compatibility mode resolve the issue for you?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
nsr1

Post by nsr1 »

didn't for me but the th2 update seemed to fix it.
Hossebo

Post by Hossebo »

My pointer locks if I use the Windows keyboard or any other application from Microsoft like the calculator.
Any ides on how I can fix it?
Sunny50

Post by Sunny50 »

We have bought a new laptop that has Windows 10. The Smart Nav worked for a while and en the computer had an update. Now the Smart Nav won't work. The lights flash red and a pop up saying he computer is low on memory. The computer has 8 gab of mormory so I don't think this is accurate. Any help will be appreciated.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Sunny50,

Please create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com. I would like to look into this issue a little more.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Skull5

Post by Skull5 »

I am having the same problems with my smartnav with windows 10! My smartnav freezes when I try to use the windows onscreen keyboard and I have to get someone to move the regular mouse to get it to move again! It also freezes when I try to move the dwell clicker using the drag function! Not doing it right now anymore but it has a couple of times had a pop up saying he computer is low on memory. The computer has 8 gab of memory! Not doing it right now anymore but it has frozen and lost all tracking data and then when I close it to reopen it it will not open anymore! The main consistent problem only happening right now is the keyboard problem I need it fixed! I have uninstall and reinstall the smartnav software and it still does the freezing thing with the windows 10 keyboard! Has there been a fix for this found yet? I doesn't say at the end of this forum?
Chris.Johnson

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello All,

Here is the workaround for Windows 10 lagging/stuttering/hiccuping when trying to type with SmartNAV.

1. Open SmartNAV
2. Go to 'Control Panel...' (in SmartNAV)
3. make your way to the Behavior Tab
4. Change setting: 'Mouse Override Delay' to 0.0

This should take care of that stutter you all are experiencing.
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
pencilpicasso

Post by pencilpicasso »

I think I've found a solution to this. You basically have to run SmartNav as an administrator. Here's what I did.:
1. Disable UAC (User Account Control): From the start menu search UAC, click "Change User Account Control Settlings" and reduce to never notify. Then restart the computer for the change to apply.
2. When opening SmartNav, right-click on the icon and select run as administrator.

Found this solution here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... d1a5c732ad

If this works for you, you might want to make SmartNav always run as administrator. To do this, right-click SmartNav, Click the Compatibility tab and select “Run this program as an administrator”.
airmadina-1

Post by airmadina-1 »

I haven't reproduced this at the office. I will test it from my laptop at home to see if I can get to the bottom of it.
John
Finley11-

Post by Finley11- »

greetings , i have a problem that occasionally occurs in windows 10.. my smartnav sometimes locks and stops working. this only happens whenever I am typing using the windows onscreen keyboard because it predicts my style of wording. workaround for this is i have to go to task manager and stop it by hand and reopen it manually., is there any way to stop this from happening..
Jerry