Unreliable clicking

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
skneisel

Unreliable clicking

Post by skneisel »

I have a 10th-grade Special Ed student who uses SmartNav with Clicker 6. If SmartNav is running alone with Clicker, it usually works properly. However, if we are toggling between Clicker and, say, a .pdf or .doc, the clicking becomes very slow. My student may hover over a button for four or more seconds before it clicks. His disability is such that it is very hard for him to maintain the cursor position for that long. Last week we were doing Achieve 3000 on-line testing, which includes multiple-choice responses. The SmartNav clicking was so slow that I let him point to his choices with the cursor and I clicked with a mouse.

My student has been using AT since 3rd grade. He knows this stuff. Clicker is fine as a gussied-up word processor, but SmartNav should be his portal to cyberspace, and a measure of independence. Instead, it has become a frustration.

Again, sometimes SN works properly, and at other times it is virtually useless. What are we missing?

Thank you.
MikeWitham

Re: Unreliable clicking

Post by MikeWitham »

skneisel,

I must apologize for this going unanswered for this long. Is the student using our Dwell Clicking software for clicking or is Clicker 6 doing the clicking?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Edwinvalencia

Post by Edwinvalencia »

Probably due to the 3rd he disconnects, now I'm doing the analysis, if you solved please let me know. :geek:
jerrya

Post by jerrya »

The problem never happened with my prior versions. It only occurred during the upgrading. I also don't receive an error message. It simply exits, requiring me to restart the application. This morning when I utilised it, the same thing occurred. I have no idea when it will happen because it is also intermittent. Only once this morning however it happened around four times yesterday night. Additionally, I've noticed that the tone of the sound coming from the Bluetooth speakers is different. I'm not certain if it is relevant.