24"-30" Computer Monitor with USB Connections

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Johnny_F

24"-30" Computer Monitor with USB Connections

Post by Johnny_F »

I was wondering whether you could purchase a 24-30 inch computer monitor with USB connections on the side of that monitor and could that monitor be fixed flat on the wall?

The reason for this is because I want to connect my laptop wirelessly to a computer screen in my garage but I would need a USB connection to connect the SmartNav to it. I do not have the room in my garage for a computer tower so doing it the way I have explained would be ideal. Would this be feasible for use with a SmartNav?

If anybody knows whether this is possible, can they give me a link where I can find these types of monitors? I reside in the UK.

Thanks.
MikeWitham

Re: 24"-30" Computer Monitor with USB Connections

Post by MikeWitham »

Johnny_F,

It wouldn't work because there is no way for it to transfer data to the laptop. The SmartNav still needs to be connected to the PC.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Johnny_F

Re: 24"-30" Computer Monitor with USB Connections

Post by Johnny_F »

Thanks Mike for the reply.

Drat! That's a shame. Is there no such thing as a slim computer that's mounted on the side of a monitor with USB fittings thus not needing a tower on the floor?

I haven't Googled it yet but I thought I would ask here first anyway.

Thanks