Dwell Clicker not supported with the hardware error

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Sunny50

Dwell Clicker not supported with the hardware error

Post by Sunny50 »

I have Smartnav 4 AT. I am using Windows 10 and sometimes Windows Vista when I get this error. It was working fine for a while on the Windows 10, but now I can't get it to work. It comes up with the error and then closes. On Vista it would do it and I would shut the computer down and eventually it would work. Also having issues on both, when it does work it will right click instead of left click and sometimes have to close programs and then restart or open something and then it would start working correctly.
MikeWitham

Re: Dwell Clicker not supported with the hardware error

Post by MikeWitham »

Sunny50,

Does it show up with an error before it crashes? If so, what is it? Did this issue just start happening? Have you reinstalled the software to see if that resolves the issue? Do you happen to have a different cable you can test the device with?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Sunny50

Post by Sunny50 »

The error box says, dwell clicker not supported with your version of hardware. You click ok and then the dwell clicker closes. This has happened on and off, not every time since we've had it on a Laptop running Vista. I would somehow get it to work by closing Smartnav and sometimes restarting the computer on this laptop. Now we are trying to use it on a Microsoft Surface with Windows 10. It has done it a couple of times on it but the last time I couldn't get it to work, kept coming up with the same error. I even get the error when I don't have Smartnav plugged in so don't think it would be cable. It does it whether I start Smartnav or dwell click at different times. If I start the smartnav first then dwell click it will after opening dwell click get the error. If I start dwell click, it's ok until I start smartnav then I get the error. I haven't reinstalled the software since it was happening on both systems. Thanks
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Sunny50,

What is the model of your SmartNav? Our dwell clicking is only designed to work with the AT model of the hardware, unfortunately if you have the EG model it will not work. Also on a different note, the SmartNav has not been fully tested on the Surface tablets and functionality is not guaranteed.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Sunny50

Post by Sunny50 »

It is an AT model. These issues are also with a Vista laptop. Just able to finally get it going with it.