Cursor movement and dwell clicking aren't regular

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Nerochiaro

Cursor movement and dwell clicking aren't regular

Post by Nerochiaro »

Hi, I'm trying SmartNav 4 on a Acer Aspire R 13 with Windows 10 Home 64 bit, connected to a USB 3 port.

Anyway while moving the cursor, sometimes, it get stuck for a short while, in the tracking screen the reflective dot is clearly visible and there aren't other source of light, except for a barely seen reflection from the eyeglasses.

Also the dwell clicking which has it own rhythm, sometimes, clicks in sequence two times with a very short delay between the clicks.

The antivirus is Microsoft Defender and I've added to the excluded processes SmartNav and DwellClicker.

I look forward for your suggestions.
Nerochiaro

Re: Cursor movement and dwell clicking aren't regular

Post by Nerochiaro »

I guess I've found the problem related to the cursor movement.
I think the reflection from the eyeglasses even if not so visible is the problem.

Removing the eyeglasses the problem seems disappear. Also the cursors stops when the lenses are in specific position.

These eyeglasses are in black plastic with glass lenses, with no metallic parts visible, could I set the filtering o something else in order to avoid influence from the eyeglasses?

So maybe the click was also affected by the extra reflection of the lenses.

Best regards
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Nerochiaro,

If you go into the tracking tab of the control panel within the SmartNav software, there is a check box to enable the light filter threshold. If you enable that and increase it slightly, you may be able to have the dot tracked but ignore the glasses.

As for the clicking, I'm not sure unless it is set to click quickly after pausing and the stutter causes it to click then move and then click again in rapid succession.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Nerochiaro

Post by Nerochiaro »

Mike,
yes, setting the light filter threshold is effective and it solved the problem.

I'll possibly ask more details about the dwell in a new thread.

Thank you