Product Development Status Update?

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
accessiblegamer

Product Development Status Update?

Post by accessiblegamer »

I was wondering when the next software update and/or firmware update Is due for release? I haven't seen much work on this hardware or the software that runs it in quite some time.

There are quite a few threads regarding Windows 10 compatibility, which largely go unanswered. This is my impetus for creating this thread, because i'm wondering if the SmartNAV might get a status update (The last one was five years ago). What it looks like is that products for able-bodied people like the TrackIR see regular development but products for the disabled don't get worked on for five years.

Am I wrong in any of this?
jedicharles

Re: Product Development Status Update?

Post by jedicharles »

I am also a user with a disability and I am also concerned about the lack of further development. I think the hardware is great and the software is also good for the most part but when operating systems change, problems crop up and the software needs fixing. If Natural Point would be interested, I have a lot of suggestions that would greatly improve the user experience especially when it comes to those with disabilities.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

jedicharles,

Please do send your list to support@naturalpoint.com. I'd like to compare them to what we already have and hear anything you think would improve the product.

accessiblegamer,

Though we don't usually don't talk about product or software updates publicly. I can say that we do work on a lot of things behind the scenes. The TrackIR went quite some time without an update as well, just under five years roughly. You are comparing the two from what you see now, but that would have been vastly different last year. Updates take time and the issues will be resolved. Please refrain from insinuating that we are somehow less inclined to work on a product due to a person's physical abilities, because it is simply not true. The implication is incorrect and insulting. We have multiple product lines and all issues are handled, we do have to prioritize them for a multitude of reasons.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
jedicharles

Post by jedicharles »

Thanks for listening to our concerns. I can't speak for AccessibleGamer, but sometimes people with disabilities can feel very marginalized and feel many of their concerns are not heard. I get from you, Michael, that you do care and I thank you for that. I will certainly get you that email.