Resident Evil 7/BIOHAZARD shows cursor but can't click

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
accessiblegamer

Resident Evil 7/BIOHAZARD shows cursor but can't click

Post by accessiblegamer »

The thread title pretty much explains everything. I've tried running the game in full screen//windowed/combo mode, administrative mode, reinstalling twice, verified game files thrice, etc. The point is I was extremely diligent making sure the game files were not corrupted in any way. The bug is reproducible: I can move the cursor but left/right clicking using my sip and puff Switch connected to the back of the natural point does not function In this game and in this game only.

Could you take a look at this, Mike?
MikeWitham

Re: Resident Evil 7/BIOHAZARD shows cursor but can't click

Post by MikeWitham »

accessiblegamer,

I'll see what I can do. I don't have a sip and puff switch on hand, but will see if I can replicate the issue with what I have on hand. I'll see if I can get my hands on a copy of the game.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Tom_Quad_NY

Post by Tom_Quad_NY »

I don't use sip and puff, but I do use dwellclicker, I had the same problem with some of the Total War titles, at least since Rome II
accessiblegamer

Post by accessiblegamer »

I am bumping this thread as the issue has not been resolved… Or even addressed by anyone currently working for naturalpoint.
gman1212

Post by gman1212 »

Well, it looks like I'm a few years too late but I can tell you what the problem is. This particular game has a terrible feature added that only allows a game controller or a mouse to work at one particular time. It doesn't seem to recognize smartnav as a mouse either. On the steam version it won't allow me to move the camera around in game or the left or right mouse button to function using smartnav. It did however cooperate with my other disabled mouse called boost tracer. The funny thing is if you try playing the Windows store version of the game you will have no problems. Give the demo a shot and it should work perfectly. I prefer using steam myself but it seems to be the only way to get around the problem.