Mouse cursor consistently stopping

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
monkey8

Mouse cursor consistently stopping

Post by monkey8 »

Hi there,

I have been using SmartNAV AT very successfully for years. I am pretty much on full speed and it works great.

However I have just purchased a new PC with a high-end i7 processor, 16 GB RAM et cetera. For some reason with this particular PC when I am moving the mouse about it just keeps stopping momentarily every 2 or 3 seconds. I have tried reloading the software, drivers at centre, tried a different USB port, even tried on a USB 3 port but all to no avail.

When installing the software it gives you the option to install the natural point drivers. Does that mean SmartNAV can be used with standard Windows drivers or alternative drivers? I tried omitting the installation of the natural point drivers but I couldn't get any movement from the mouse when I did that.

Pulling my hair out, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lindsay
MikeWitham

Re: Mouse cursor consistently stopping

Post by MikeWitham »

monkey8,

Could you test out lowering the mouse over ride delay to 0.0 for me?

You do need the NaturalPoint drivers, there are no default Windows ones.

Regards
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
monkey8

Re: Mouse cursor consistently stopping

Post by monkey8 »

Mike thank you so much, seems to have done the trick. Any insight into exactly what this option does?

Thanks,
Lindsay