Win 10 Creators update

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
AusQuad

Win 10 Creators update

Post by AusQuad »

Hi,

I have been using my SmartNav 3:AT since 2004 and have had very few issues running it on Windows XP, Windows 7 and even Windows 10.

However, I have upgraded my laptop twice to the Creators update & have had to roll it back to the previous build because my cursor was lagging terribly in games & sometimes on the desktop.

I have deliberately disabled windows update in services but am kinda worried about the impending security risks that this entails.

I'd like to know whether other users have had this issue with the creators update. I know that a quick search for mouse lag and creators update has multiple articles about the Xbox game bar utility and so on.

I want to have my PC up to date, but not if it causes my mouse to be glitchy & games unplayable.

I hope someone can help with this issue, any replies are welcome.

Cheers.
Chris.Johnson

Re: Win 10 Creators update

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Thank you for using SmartNAV and contacting us. This is a common problem with Windows 10. You will want to lower the Mouse Override Delay to 0.0. It's located in the Smart NAV Control Panel under the Behavior tab as pictured below.

Please let me know if this helps, or if I can clarify anything further.
Attachments
mouse override.png
mouse override.png (37.44 KiB) Viewed 7565 times
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
umkasanki

Post by umkasanki »

Chris.Johnson wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:43 pm Thank you for using SmartNAV and contacting us. This is a common problem with Windows 10. You will want to lower the Mouse Override Delay to 0.0. It's located in the Smart NAV Control Panel under the Behavior tab as pictured below.
Thank you very much for your answer.
the problem has disappeared!
Finally, the device again worked fine!
Strela_999

Post by Strela_999 »

Thanks for the heads-up, I just bought a new computer that runs on Win10 and got stuck... niw it's fine!
MarkcusD

Post by MarkcusD »

I was struggling with this as well. Thanks.
bzuidgeest

Post by bzuidgeest »

I had this as well, but only when specific programs like skype and asg remote desktop were in focus. Setting the delay to 0 worked. But is there any explanation why this works? what changes?