Track Points other than Head? (Ergonomics)

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Stargazer43

Track Points other than Head? (Ergonomics)

Post by Stargazer43 »

I recently started using this device to help my arms recover from a RSI. I've been having a major issue with ergonomics though! I know that it is designed for the track point to be on your head, but I can't seem to find a good position or setting that works for me. Everything I've tried ends up hurting my neck, either by having to move my neck too much, or having to keep my neck too still to do the precise mouse movements. I really don't think that controlling it off of head movements is for me. Not to mention, I tend to shift my head around a lot naturally, and I feel like I can't do that if it causes the mouse to jump all over the place.

I've been trying to think of alternate things I can track that might work better. I've been trying my hand, and I can actually control the mouse as well as or better than using a real mouse, but I sometimes have to hold my hand/arm in awkward positions that may lead to issues if I keep it up long-term. If I could find a way to keep my hand/arm in a fairly neutral position and control from there that would be perfect, but I haven't been able to come up with anything yet. I've tried using it on my feet as well, but I had similar problems...I couldn't find a good way to orient everything that would allow me to keep my feet in a neutral position most of the time.

Does anyone have any input or advice?