Driver for older Smartnav device

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
mvackel

Driver for older Smartnav device

Post by mvackel »

Hello,
I've a very old Smartnav 3 device with serial number 011269 and want to put it to work again to help a friend that is now paralytic. I'm not being able to find a driver that could work with the device, as the web page bellow:

https://www.naturalpoint.com/smartnav/s ... chive.html

states that:

"Note: The software linked above only works with SmartNav units with serial numbers 16400 or higher. If your serial number is not in this range, please see below for the software that will work best with your unit."

but there is no related link below the page.

Does anyone knows where can I find a driver for this old device that would work on Windows 10.

Thanks in advance,

MVAckel
NaturalPoint.Kai

Re: Driver for older Smartnav device

Post by NaturalPoint.Kai »

Hello mvackel,

Have you tried using one of those versions from the website? I am not sure why that serial number range is listed but please test the device using one of those versions first and let me know if you run into any issues.

Additionally, you may contact us at support@naturalpoint.com or support_smartnav@naturalpoint.com

Best,

Kai
mvackel

Re: Driver for older Smartnav device

Post by mvackel »

Hello Kai,

Thanks for answering.

I've just tried version 3.20.037.2 from that page. It install correctly, but when I launch the application with the device connected to an USB port, it gives the following message:

"Could not connect with a SmartNAV camera! Mouse control will be disabled until a SmartNAV camera is plugged in."

I found the original DVD with version 2.50. It installs nicely but the app does not launch. Or launches but does not show anything. Looking at the Task Manager, it's running, but does not show any window.

Any suggestion?

MVAckel