Problems with external switch

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
mrlimpet

Problems with external switch

Post by mrlimpet »

I've got a EG model with external switches plugged into it. When I click there is a noticable delay before the button on the screen presses. That means that you have to sit on the button with the switch depressed until the action happens. Also, double clicking does not work. Tried it slow, tried it fast, nothing. There is a control in the Advanced Setting/Cursor settings called "Double click delay" but it's ignored in the manual. (Hello? Tech Pubs? Anybody home?) I played with it but couldn't see a difference. What is going on?

Thanks,

Ed
Jim

Re: Problems with external switch

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Sorry for the late reply.

The clicking should be instant. Make sure that you have a good dot image and that cursor control is good, it won't send the click unless it sees a dot.

Double clicking might be a problem if you don't slow down your mouse settings, under Windows Control Panel.

Double Click Delay makes the cursor pause for a brief period after a single click so that you can double click and not drag by accident.