I can't install the TrackIR drivers - help

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Yellowjack

I can't install the TrackIR drivers - help

Post by Yellowjack »

Hi,
I just received my TrackIR device and can't install the drivers. I installed the latest software (2.01Final) but when I plug my TrackIR into a USB port a get a USB device found and not the "ECT Naturalpoiont firmware loader" that the instructions say I should get. There are two driver files loaded into my Windows/inf folder after the event (EZUSBW2W.INF and .EXT If I remember correctly)

I'm running Windows XP HOME. I have the same result when I tried the instrall from the supplied CD which had #2.0 drivers on it. I have tried different USB ports and taking other
USB devices of these are a Canon printer and a Cougar HOTAS which installed fine and found the devices they were supposed too.

Can anyone out there throw any light into my rather bleak world.
froggy.sim-fr

Re: I can't install the TrackIR drivers - help

Post by froggy.sim-fr »

see on forum at general driver , search for install, windows, and driver or USB, many times win2k and WinXP have to be reinstalled to have TrackIR to function properly
Yellowjack

Re: I can't install the TrackIR drivers - help

Post by Yellowjack »

Thanks, I found the thread after posting.

You are right on, as I discovered. The only way out is with a re-install.

However, I have finished the spring clean now and I am really enjoying looking over my shoulder.

TrackIR is a fine toy.