Multiple monitor setup

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
I8URMNY

Multiple monitor setup

Post by I8URMNY »

I currently have three monitors setup on my computer. Will this product still work on my computer?
Jim

Re: Multiple monitor setup

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Yes, the cursor will track across all 3 monitors, I might recommend downloading trackIR software as it will allow seperate X and Y scaling, so you can scale the X axis more for the 3 monitors. You will want to make sure that the unit can see your dot from all views, which can be done in the Advanced Settings menu.
I8URMNY

Post by I8URMNY »

I recieved the unit and the biggest problem that I can see is getting the unit to see the dot when I turn my head etc. I tried multiple dots etc. it turned into more frustration than I was prepared for.... My wrists hurt so I will give it another go... Any suggestions?

Mark
yerodin

Post by yerodin »

Frankly I don't use the dots at all - I use the ring instead. While you still have to move your hands I found that it helps a lot nonetheless and by using the foot pedals for klicking I eliminated the number one source of my wrist pain - the left click.

While experimenting with the dots I found that it helps to put the dots on your nose instead of your forehead (hey, I didn't say It'd look good). It also helps to put some dots together to have a bigger area for the unit to recognize.

Hope this helps,

Yerodin
yerodin

Post by yerodin »

Oh, and if you're in an envronment without distractions for the unit (i.e. direct sunlight, heat sources etc.) try disabling the aspect filter in the advanced options of the software. Especially with the ring the unit tends to sometimes not recognize the dot when it's turned the wrong way.
At least it did work for me.